Vogue Knitting Holiday 2007 ~ Mountain Mama

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Vogue Knitting Holiday 2007

I was at my SnB last night and came home to a sort of clean house and both kiddos in bed. I sat with my DH and chatted about our days then got ready to jog on the treadmill.

DH: Oh, I thought you'd want to take a bath.
Me: *sigh* I'm about to work out, I'll take a shower later.
DH: I thought you'd want to lock yourself in the bathroom with your Vogue Knitting and some chocolate.
Me: Don't even joke about that! It's too early for the next one...I think.
DH: Oh. Well then I guess I'll eat the chocolate and take the bath. The knitting isn't my thing.

Neither are baths if we're tallying.

So I compromised. A true and legit compromise. I only ran two miles of my three mile workout. I read the mag afterword.

I'm a trifle disappointed. There is only one pattern that catches my eye and I don't know if it's because I want it or because I want to knit it. Knitters will understand. It's an Alice Starmore Fair Isle. I can KnitPick it for less than $50. It looks like the challange it is. But will I wear it?

Anyway, the other patterns are uninspiring to me. There's lots of intarsia, which I neither like the style nor the knitting. There's a whole section honoring a model and dressing her in plain looking patterns. The cover pattern is one of these.

I hope the Spring edition is better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Widget by LinkWithin