Soul Searching ~ Mountain Mama

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Soul Searching

For the past month I have been making some changes in my lifestyle and diet:
  • I have been baking ALL my own bread. Including tortillas (though when I break this, it will be with tortillas).
  • I have switched to making my own natural cleaners that are more environmentally friendly.
  • I have made an effort to cut back on red meat. This proved easy as I rarely eat red meat, so I have decided to remove meat from my diet.
  • I will make an effort to avoid eggs, fish and dairy, but I will not beat myself up about those if I slip. Eventually they will be gone too.

I have been soul searching this month and my reasons for the above are, in order:

  • Environmental concerns
  • Personal health concerns
  • Animal Ethics concerns

And to quote Colleen Patrick-Goudreau from http://www.compassionatecooks.com/:

Don't do nothing because you can't do everything. Do something, anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Widget by LinkWithin