Confession ~ Mountain Mama

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Confession

I hired a personal trainer.

I avoid hiring people to do jobs that I think I should be able to do. This includes housecleaning, haircutting and until now, personal training.

But I have been on my own for years now and I just haven't made it work. My gym was running a deal and I hired one. I see him once a month. Last month he gave me my exercise regime (he's really very nice but I feel better making him sound mean) and I obeyed. He also explained why all my time on the treadmill hasn't paid off and didn't even flinch when I suggested it might be because of the ice cream/chocolate and not because my body is "used to walking".

In four weeks I have lost 4% body fat. Very little weight, one inch, but 4% body fat. I also confessed that I wasn't tracking my calories at all (and promised I would do so for a month). He gave me another month's worth of exercise and kicked my butt (and arms, and back, and legs...)on a stationary bike.

I'm thinking this might have been money well spent.

2 comments:

  1. I've often thought about hiring a personal trainer, however no gym nearby makes that nearly impossible.

    Good luck and keep up the hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! I WISH I could bite the bullet and hire someone. My 25 pounds lost has now become 20 and I have a feeling it might be more like 15 soon. Sighhhhhh.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Widget by LinkWithin