Deductions ~ Mountain Mama

Friday, January 23, 2009

Deductions

I got Deduction Pro as a free add-on last year when I filed my taxes. I highly recommend it--providing you itemize your deductions. Especially with kids who grow out of clothes on a weekly basis.

I just went through the growing pile of outgrown clothing I stash in a corner of my office. I brought up a trashbag and carefully itemized everything I stuffed in it.

One trash bag of clothing ended up being about $250.00. I would have guessed its value to be $50.00. Had I bought this software, it would have paid for itself with the first trash bag.

I feel like I'm cheating--I'm not (big brother if you're watching) but I feel like it.

1 comment:

  1. I'm always amazed at what our deductions turn out to be worth when I take the time to itemize. I think we tend to think of things as devalued just because we're tired of them!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Widget by LinkWithin