Dale of Norway and Detox ~ Mountain Mama

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Dale of Norway and Detox

Dale of Norway (it has been pointed out to me that it's pronounced DAH-lay but I still think of it as Dale because I'm American and it's the American way to mutilate cultural niceties) is blocking.* It has been blocking for three days. By the fireplace. Three days. You would think it would be dry by now. I'm waiting for the cat to sleep on it so I know it's ready to be sewn, cut, collared, placketed and zipped.

It looks like this still, only flatter:



My aren't we concerned about my green smoothies? Let me clarify.

I try valiantly to eat salads and fresh veggies but its a lot of work. I rarely make salads. I'm not proud of this, but there you go. If I make smoothies anyway (I tend to go through phases) why not toss in a handful of greens?

Today's smoothie:

Spinach loosely packed to the top of the blender
a few sprigs of cilantro and parsley
2 cups of water
1/4 small pineapple
4 frozen strawberries
1/2 cup frozen mango chunks

The 'detox' I'm experiencing is facial breakout. Whether from weather, hormones, stress or the sudden ability of my skin to push out the nasties, I was breaking out more than normal. I'm pleased to say my face is a bit clearer this week, though it still may be the weather, hormones or the moon aligning with Venus. My guess is it's the extra water.

I believe adequate fiber in your diet is the best way to cleanse the colon. As for internal cleansing, I think it's more of a healing thing. A plant based diet high in antioxidants is the best way to get your organs working properly. These smoothies provide both.

This is not a detox. This is not a cleanse. I'm making these smoothies to add more nutrients into my body. Sort of like a huge, slimy multivitamin except it smells nicer.

And I like them.

*Blocking for this sweater: I soaked it in body temp water with a little Eucalan wool wash for about 30 minutes, gently squeezed out most of the water, and patted it into shape on the carpet by the fireplace, which was turned on intermittently throughout the weekend. This both washes it and "sets" the stitches so they're more even.

1 comment:

  1. I think you did a good job of opening up a conversation. I truly am curious to see how this works out for you, especially energy wise.

    The issue for me is the whole world of dextox. For a few years it has been a major buzzword and I had a few people at my former office constantly trying to hock their "detox diets" onto me.

    I try and get Lindsay to eat more salads, but he hates them, and I'm all but sure he'd even further snub the green shake. He just does other veggies.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Widget by LinkWithin