Sasquatch ~ Mountain Mama

Friday, January 08, 2010

Sasquatch

This last summer, my next door neighbor was bemoaning the fact that one of her 10 year old boys is wearing the same size shoes as her. I looked at my tall, gangly, 6yo Yummy with concern, and then looked at her tiny little feet and relaxed. I mean, how hard can it be for a boy to match his mom's size 6 or 7 foot?

I, on the other hand, have big feet (go ahead and mock them, I'll just look down on you from my towering heights as I easily reach the everyday dishes I store in the top shelf of my cabinets and notice your roots)(though I would never judge you for your roots because of the whole pot/kettle thing). It will be a long time before my kid can fit into my shoes.

Then again,



I may need to reconsider this sock knitting thing.

Or make sure some random photographer snaps a picture of us running through the woods of the Pacific Northwest.

1 comment:

  1. LOL! My feet are almost as big as my husbands. 9 - 9 1/2. They've always been huge, but I've never been bothered by my feet. I have friends with size 5s say their feet are too big. What's that about? And they make cute shoes for feet much bigger than mine, and like you I too can reach all those tall places.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Widget by LinkWithin