Haute Couture ~ Mountain Mama

Saturday, October 02, 2010

Haute Couture

My mom and I went shopping a few weeks ago and popped into J.Jill.  We were enchanted by these sweaters:



I don't know why we liked them so much.  The sheerness?  The simplicity?  The idea you could wear a sweater without sweating?  Whatever it was we kept coming back to that part of the store.

But I just can't bring myself to spend $80.00 on a sweater, because I knit...

Wait a minute...I have a knitting machine...and a huge pile of lace yarn...

And now you know why I haven't been around the past couple weeks.  I don't have anything photo worthy yet--just a bunch of swatches, various partial sweaters strewn around the house, a couple pairs of socks and a knitting machine that's heard it's share of new words recently.

I'm not giving up yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Widget by LinkWithin