Amigurumi Crustaceans ~ Mountain Mama

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Amigurumi Crustaceans

Almost three years ago I got my 6yo (who was almost 4 at the time) some hermit crabs.

The're still alive.

Just spending a few days gleaning all the information I could resulted in our household owning hermit crabs that have survived 3 years.

Mostly they bury themselves in the sand and I'm never sure exactly how many I have until I do the quarterly sweep through of the sand. I rarely get to see them. More often, I go into my son's bedroom at night and hear the creepy crawlies scuttering around, scraping their shells against the glass. It's amazing he hasn't had more bizarre nightmares.



I decided this pattern must be knit.



After all, it would be nice for the children to have a pet they could...well...pet.



These claws don't make horrible glass scratching noises.

Hermit Crab by Hansi Singh
Random scraps of sock yarn
Eyesight aging: about 25 years

2 comments:

  1. Perhaps the presence of crustaceans for so long has inoculated your kid against nightmares about things skittering around in the night.

    The pattern is adorable!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Widget by LinkWithin