Why I Do It ~ Mountain Mama

Sunday, November 02, 2008

Why I Do It

When I first started blogging, two years ago, (happy blogiversary) my intention was to keep in touch with various friends I have around the country. Okay, so it was one friend (Hi CDB!) but now I have a loyal following of about five people (Hi mom!). Don't get me wrong. If you find me interesting I'm glad to write for you. But I write to a specific audience so don't feel bad if you don't get the joke.

Yesterday I got a message from a friend I have been trying to find for ten years. I knew she had probably changed her last name. I knew that she, like me, would probably be fairly transient after college. But I wanted to find her. I searched her through my alumni association. I Googled her. I kept looking for her name in Amazon (she wanted to illustrate/write children's books).

And she found me.

I'm not convinced all this technology is the best thing our society has created. But sometimes it has its perks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Widget by LinkWithin