Smells like wet sheep ~ Mountain Mama

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Smells like wet sheep

A couple years ago I found a pattern in an out-of-publication book for a Parka/cardigan knit in Unspun Icelandic. I fell in love. After a year, I decided I had been good enough to my yarn budget to allow the purchase of said yarn. Last March I started knitting the thing.

I love Seattle. The weather is gray a good seven to eight months of the year which is very condusive to my knitting. The one drawback (for a knitter) is that the weather never gets very cold.

So in June, when the sun began showing it's face again, I realized "I am never going to wear this." I wear shortsleeves and a light rain coat during the Winter. Why on earth did I buy all this wool? Spun from sheep that live in Iceland no less. It was quite a depressing thought, especially since I was a good 40% into the project. I set it aside thinking I might finish it for my mom. In about ten years.

Then I moved back to Colorado.

I am so close to being finished I can taste it.

Pictures will be posted when I can accomplish such a technical feat (it's more a timing/computer sharing thing than an incompetance thing).

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Widget by LinkWithin