Favorite Things Friday: Kids Books for Grown-ups ~ Mountain Mama

Friday, June 20, 2008

Favorite Things Friday: Kids Books for Grown-ups

I love reading. I was the nerdy kid in gradeschool who actually read the whole book in the first week rather than just the assigned chapters. I read quickly too. I love kiddie lit because there really isn't a whole lot of deep thought required, they read quickly and there are usually sequals.

Many people knit while reading, but I find I read so quickly that I can only knit a few stitches before I need to turn the page. There is just too much hand movement going back and forth and it bugs me.


So I don't give myself much reading time. Because of this, I hate wasting that time reading books that I end up not liking. I'd rather read a beloved story 50 times than start a new book and get frustrated halfway through. And yes, I'll even skip to the end to find out if it's worth reading the rest of the book. So judge me.


My favorite children's rereads:


  • Harry Potter (Duh)
  • A Little Princess
  • Anne of Green Gables
  • Chronicals of Narnia (read all of them)
  • Holes

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Widget by LinkWithin