Favorite Things Friday: Vegan Recipes ~ Mountain Mama

Friday, June 13, 2008

Favorite Things Friday: Vegan Recipes

I'm focusing on finding vegan recipes (though technically I'm a mere ovo-lacto vegetarian) because they are more interesting. I don't need a cookbook telling me how to eat meatless anything. It's the cheese and egg subs I'll need to make the full conversion.

Sin Dawgs: There's an excellent video on the site, print the recipe first. My husband loves these and has requested them repeatedly. Also a hit in my knitting group.
Vegan Babybacks: Surprisingly good. I suspect after a year of no meat I will think they are exactly like meat.
Vegan Bacon: When you add this to whole wheat bread, lettuce, tomatoes and avacados, it works. DH says it's better than some of the real bacon he's had.
Mexican Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Mousse Frosting: I bought this book because, really, who can resist a cupcake? Even my FIL liked it. Though he was mad when he found out it was tofu.

I'll post more as I find them. I ran into a "cheese" sauce I want to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Widget by LinkWithin