The Amazing Tightrope Walkers ~ Mountain Mama

Monday, June 08, 2009

The Amazing Tightrope Walkers

Behind my house, there is a wetlands area. Before the wetlands, there is a big chunk of HOA property that has a playground (we affectionately call it the plague-ground because the prairie dogs were practically under it when we moved in), and a half-hearted attempt at a volleyball court.



Right now, the only purposes it serves are a vampire larvae mosquito nesting ground after a few days of rain, and a catch-all for every weed species you can imagine. Since the National Seed Lab is only six miles away, I feel having all this weed selection, a mere stone's throw from our lawn is redundant.

But two intrepid gentlemen have figured out how to get the most out of their HOA dues.

What They Made:

Behold: the tightrope walkers.





Isn't this the coolest thing you have ever seen? They're very nice guys and more often than not, they end up teaching a few tight rope lessons to the neighborhood kids.

I decided not to post their names because I fear the HOA would disapprove and I sort of like having the Greatest Show On Earth in my backyard.

Plus, it gives the vampire larvae mosquitoes variety.

5 comments:

  1. This is way cool! You should learn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:19 AM

    Slacklining is all sorts of fun, though I haven't played with it in ages. Maybe James and I will have to bike down there and set up our own line- I don't think we have any good trees or posts on our block. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vampire Larvae - hehehehehe, love it!

    I'm with ya on keeping your private circus on the down low, HOA has a way of clamping down on the cool stuffs. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reminds me of a documentary I recently watched, which was really good.

    www.manonawire.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so neat! I've always wanted to be a tightrope walker... alas, I could not even keep myself steady on a balance beam, so I figure a tight rope is probably not in my future. How cool that you get to watch them all the time though!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Widget by LinkWithin