A Dear John Letter ~ Mountain Mama

Saturday, June 20, 2009

A Dear John Letter

Dear Ben & Jerry's Coffee Heath Bar,

We have had a long standing affair of the heart for several years now. You were there for the date nights and the break-ups, the slumber parties, the all-night crams, the PMS, the pregnancies, and possibly even a conception. Even so, sometimes a girl wants more variety.

In the past, I've gone for the cheap liaison out of desperation, but I have always come back to you. Your creamy coffee ice cream, combined with those chunks of Heath were always waiting for me with open arms.

I didn't mean for it to happen.



It started with the Blood Orange. It was a hot night and creamy didn't sound right. The sparkling sorbet made me feel...different. Lighter, like butterflies. Then I tried the Malted Milk Ball, on a night when creamy was just right and I felt satisfaction. Now I'm completely addicted to the Blackberry Cabernet--I just can't get enough--and I'm lusting for a taste of the White Chocolate Green Tea.

It's not you, it's me. I just need some space to think. I hope we can still be friends.

Lovingly,
Mountain Mama

P.S. The Blackberry Cabernet blended with ginger ale was just an experiment. Please don't hate me. You never did enjoy the blender. It's not your thing. I understand.

What I Made:

Finally! I got a reasonably sized salad from my garden. This:



Mixed with a sliced plum, some strawberries, pinenuts and goat cheese:



Makes a decent sized side-salad.

4 comments:

  1. Yum. By the way, for the day you go completely vegan, I just discovered coconut milk ice cream. It is divine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blood Orange Sorbet? That sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Must. Find. CIAO BELLA. And determine if it is in fact true that it is tastier that Ben and/or Jerry. I find this difficult to grasp - but I will certainly investigate the matter thoroughly.

    Also? You are being awarded the Kreativ Blogger Award over on my page so pop by and pick it up when you have time. Ciao bella!
    http://sweetmamajones.blogspot.com/2009/06/must-find-pattern.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:20 PM

    Sorbet? Ice Cream? and Me? A match made in heaven! What a fun blog!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Widget by LinkWithin