My Favorite Salad ~ Mountain Mama

Tuesday, June 02, 2009

My Favorite Salad

I'm in a quandary. I started knitting a summer top, with the intention of wearing it on the 4th of July:



If you look carefully it's a white star. The rest of the bits were to be made with the four skeins of denim yarn I had leftover from making my denim cardigan.

The problem? I can't find my fourth skein. Ergo I can't finish the sweater. Ergo I will be naked that day.

It's really my only option.

That or drinking heavily, shrouding myself with the star and poking knitting needles into my eyes and out my ears (I call this self-voodoolation) to create lovely red stripes on the antique white I chose because it looked so good with this blue.

Two options. How to choose, how to choose...

What I Made:

This time of year I fall in love with my favorite salad.



A couple handfuls of spinach, a small handful of blueberries (any berry works), a sprinkle of candied nuts, some crumbled chevre...



...and a tasty raspberry vinaigrette. Brianna's Blush Wine vinaigrette is also wonderful, but Annie's was on sale.

I have tried unsuccessfully, to recreate this dressing. Does anyone have a good recipe for a sweet, raspberry vinaigrette?

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:17 AM

    The top looks fantastic; at least what you've got of it does. I'll be interested to see how the star portion hangs on an actual body.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A sweet raspberry vinaigrette--

    frozen raspberries--1/4 cup
    thawed, pureed and strained
    honey--1/4 cup
    Dijon mustard--1-2 Tbs
    champagne, white wine or apple cider vinegar--1/4 cup
    olive oil--1 cup
    s & p to taste

    put it all in the blender

    yum

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Widget by LinkWithin