Saint Patrick's Day ~ Mountain Mama

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Saint Patrick's Day

Happy Saint Patrick's Day!

Being neither Irish, nor Catholic, I usually end up wearing green today because it is 90% of my wardrobe and I don't want to be pinched like I was back in third grade when a first grader pinched me and drew blood and when my teacher asked me what was wrong she told me that I couldn't have been hurt that badly (she didn't see the blood)--I was even wearing green. (Wow! Where did that suppressed memory come from?)

I really do appreciate a man who can drive all the snakes off an island though. He's practically my patron saint because of that.

I used to celebrate by making Reubens, but those are off the menu this year. I can make a vegetarian corned beef, but it's work and I have knitting tonight...where I might start my mom's sweater.

What I made:

More muffins. I'm starting to get addicted. My kiddos serve themselves and I get that many more minutes of sleep. I followed the recipe but I subbed blueberries.



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Widget by LinkWithin