A bet? A Dare? Sea Water in my Hair ~ Mountain Mama

Sunday, March 29, 2009

A bet? A Dare? Sea Water in my Hair

A couple weeks ago, the Businessman told me he would take me to Hawaii for our ten year anniversary if I ran 4.2 miles on the treadmill.

Hang on...

Let me back up before you send me comments about standing up for myself and not putting up with his jacka$$ ultimatums.

The Businessman wants a vacation. One that involves palm trees, sand, and frosty beverages. Okay, he wants to escape for fourteen days into the wilderness with nothing but his backpack and knife but he thinks we might have fun together with palm trees, sand, and frosty beverages. He knows me so well.

I am too cheap to let him take a vacation. I do the finances and I would rather save any excess pennies we have (and miss the days when they were excess dollars) than blow them on a trip to the beach. So we agreed to disagree and I hid the knife...and the backpack.

I ran 4.0 miles one day (with a .1 mile cool down). The next day he told me if I ran 4.2 miles he would take me to Hawaii. See number 39. I can't go back on my blog now, can I?

I ran 4.3 today.

We're leaving early November. Hey, if we could afford it when we were poor newlyweds, we can afford it now as poor parents. And I need a vacation...

With palm trees, sand, and frosty drinks--no knife.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Widget by LinkWithin