Happy Easter ~ Mountain Mama

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter

It's 6:30 AM and my children are still sleeping. The Businessman is brewing some coffee for me and we are waiting impatiently (and suppressing the desire to meander into their rooms and ask if we can sleep with them and then hog the entire bed).

What I Made:

What to do when you have a fresh pineapple and a couple black bananas?

Tropical breakfast. I took a banana pancake recipe (from Vegan With A Vengeance by Isa Moskowitz) and instead of making several, I just dumped the batter into an iron skillet I preheated in the oven (about 375). It took about 25 minutes to bake through.



Then I concocted a quick fruit compote of pineapple, mango and clementines. A touch of maple syrup, a sprinkling of toasted coconut (I only burned it a little bit) and a dollop of whipped cream (or the creamy stuff on top of the coconut milk if you want to stay vegan) and the kiddos (and the businessman) will be singing the Hallelujah Chorus in no time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Widget by LinkWithin