A Light Spring Meal ~ Mountain Mama

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A Light Spring Meal

What I Made:

A sun worshiper I am not.

It was a warm sunny day in my neighborhood and riffing Cuban fare just felt right. It also indicates that I was too hot to actually get any other sort of creative mojo going. It was smart of me to decide anything I cooked qualifies as What I Made.



Fried plantains with toasted coconut. Black and garbanzo beans with red peppers, lime, cumin and orange juice (OJ and black beans sounds weird but is really tasty). Rice with lime and cilantro. Mango, tangerine and blackberries. Someone from Cuba may poo poo my food, but my heart was in the right place.

It looked a lot yummier than my photography would have you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Widget by LinkWithin