Why Mountain Mama? ~ Mountain Mama

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Why Mountain Mama?

I always thought it might be fun to do a Q & A someday on my blog, but you will have to wait until I get more traffic. Most of you who read this blog know me a little too well and might get a little ornery with your questions.

But I will answer one: Why are you Mountain Mama?

The short answer is...well, there really is no short answer, however:

  • The only time I have lived away from the mountains I didn't like it (and the Businessman hated it). I suspect I will always live near mountains.

  • I have two children, therefore I will always be a mama.

  • I like alliteration.
I have never been to West Virginia, but I do like some of John Denver's music. Last week on The Office Dwight and Andy were playing Country Roads and they kept stopping the song right before "Mountain Mama." I took it as the deepest of insults and refuse to watch the show ever again.

Who am I kidding? It's the closest thing the Businessman and I have to a date. Besides, they eventually finished that line in the song.

What I Made:

I whipped up this little hat (Lidsville by Kellen Wallis) last year right before the St Patrick's Day Parade. I thought it had an Irish feel about it and it made Vish's curls and ears look a little leprechaunish. I think I used Knit Picks Wool of the Andes but I'm not sure.



I did crochet the hat but I did not make whatever it is that is hanging on the right side of this picture. Looks like someone else found time to be creative.

You go creative random parade person!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Widget by LinkWithin