Boo Boo Bunny Tutorial ~ Mountain Mama

Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Boo Boo Bunny Tutorial

When I discovered I was going to have a baby boy, I bought three boxes of bandaids. When I discovered I was having a second boy I mapped out five different routes to the ER. Well...first I cried, then I called everyone I knew and cried, then I started mapping. I'm fortunate that I haven't had to use any of my ER routes (yet) but I have had to pull out Boo-Boo Bunny a few times. Usually for grown men (I know he ended up having a broken rib, it was still funny).

You will need a washcloth and a hair elastic/rubber band/ribbon/string. I can always find hairbands around my home (except when I want them for my hair) but maybe you're more the kitchen twine type.



Lay your washcloth out and fold it into a triangle.



Starting from the corner, roll the cloth up toward the long edge.



Fold the tube in half and squeeze it tightly together. Then fold the ears up over the tushie, or tushie up over the ears.



You'll need to squeeze tightly here. Wrap your hairband around snugly to form the neck of the bunny.



Fluff up the little ears and he's ready to go.



To use: Either you have a screaming child right now and you just need to plunk the bunny in some ice water and let him hop (gently!) onto the boo-boo. Or, you anticipated this sort of thing and weeks ago you wet the bunny down and stuffed him in a bag in the freezer for emergencies.

Mine lives next to the popsicles--the other standard emergency medical supply.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad I'm not the only one who cried when I found out my second (and probably last) child was the same sex as the first. Only other women who've actually been there understand this.

    Somebody gave us a boo-boo bunny as a shower gift - a little plush rabbit with an inserted plastic ice-cube thingy. This looks much more practical - no cold plastic surface and easy to clean.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Widget by LinkWithin