The Geekfest ~ Mountain Mama

Friday, May 29, 2009

The Geekfest

So something happened over the weekend that the Businessman thought you would enjoy. It's sort of a ramble, but when isn't it?

Random knitting pics for your pleasure while I prattle

We gave Yummy the Wii Lego Star Wars for his birthday. It's a pretty cool game. It has strategy and puzzles, which I like, and lots of fighting, which TBM likes and you can play two people together so we sort of complete each other.

TBM challenged me to a geekfest after the kiddos went to bed. He pulled out the Wii and the case of Miller Light (which he bought for the geekfest because it's crap so theoretically we could consume a lot of it) and we started playing.

Now, for some reason, I was exhausted. TBM politely mentioned it might be all the manual labor I did in the garden but he and I both knew I had done nothing more strenuous than hoe a little dirt. I felt a little queasy but all hell broke loose when we got to the pod race. We both had to beat Annikin and I didn't have the advantage of growing up with video games (which I am thankful for) so we ended up replaying this race over, and over, and over again.

Next thing I knew I had motion sickness. I pulled my character out of the game and let TBM finish the race and then ran my own little podracer into the bathroom where I...er...used The Force.

Look, a Hat!

Still exhausted, though less queasy, I flopped onto the couch, turned my character back on and passed out. TBM made it through about 635 more levels before I woke up.

I only drank about 1/4 of the can of beer. I don't know how this little incident affects my geek ranking.

  1. Cashmere silk shawl I haven't finished yet
  2. Lidster in a luscious alpaca
  3. Some sparkly gloves--my design
  4. Felted cowboy hat--now too small, need to make another one
  5. My transition shawl--I knitted it while moving from Washington to Colorado.

It seems I've been nominated for an award. I will research this and get back to you.

1 comment:

  1. Regina7:46 PM

    if you can't play starwars don't even TRY Mariocart...I can barely be in the same room...its hurlicious!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Widget by LinkWithin